Right-click menu for tokens

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

It would be handy eventually to be able to right-click on tokens and select from some manipulation options from a little pop-up menu.

1. Being able to select from a few very simple statuses would be killer. Like choosing to shade the token gray, red, or yellow would be very handy. (Shading the token or a portion of it would be easier than making little icons to put on it, something I had previously been considering.) Like show a little check next to the shading you have selected.
  2. Resize option? Creatures could change size from spells, or maybe you didn't make it the right size when you added it.
  3. Delete option for when you don't want to switch to the eraser tool first?

And you can probably right-click a token no matter what tool you have selected!

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Another handy option for statuses would be to type something in, so you could put real status information right on a token - maybe it's some open-ended Note thing that shows up when you hover over the token. It would be useful not only for putting like "stunned (save ends)" but even hp or whatever if you wanted. It's probably not simple to implement, though.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:07 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Right-click support currently isn't an option in Silverlight 3. Maybe in 4?

Actually, there are horrible javascript/HTML workarounds for this, but I don't like that idea.

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Dang. We'll just have to keep it in mind for the future I guess. There are more important things to worry about anyways.

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Rethinking the tokens drop-down (for putting tokens on the mat) could be valuable. If users accumulate lots of tokens, what's the best way format to display them, and ways to sort them? Can we move to a pop-up window instead of a drop-down, maybe go all out with wild 3D carousels or something? How easy would it be to arrange the tokens into "folders" by user or some other attribute? Auto-complete-style typing to jump to tokens by name?

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:09 PM

One thing it would be nice to do through a theoretical right-click drop-down is hiding tokens. This would be immensely useful for DMs, though I wouldn't want to enforce any actual DM/PC roles to do it (just let anyone do it).